Open House London: What to do in Havering
- Credit: Archant
A tour of Rainham is among the activities included in this year’s Open House London.
The annual festival celebrating the capital’s architecture is taking place with a reduced number of participating buildings due to the coronavirus pandemic, with some opening their virtual doors for online tours as an alternative.
A self-guided walking tour is available on Saturday, September 19 and Sunday, September 20, beginning at Rainham War Memorial.
The route, which can be started at any time after 11am, takes in landmarks such as the Grade II*-listed Rainham Hall and Rainham Marshes nature reserve.
Other stops include the Parish Church of St Helen and St Giles and Redbury House.
You may also want to watch:
Open House London has been running for three decades and last year, welcomed more than 250 million visitors to the 800 participating buildings.
For more information, visit openhouselondon.open-city.org.uk
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 3 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 4 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 5 Romford swimmer calls for volunteers to take plunge for hospice
- 6 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 7 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 8 Upminster student completes 4x4x48 Challenge for Saint Francis Hospice
- 9 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 10 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months