Open auditions for Hornchurch theatre’s panto
Youngsters can get the chance to star in this year’s Queen’s Theatre panto.
The theatre in Billet Lane, Hornchurch is holding open auditions for ages eight to 15 for Jack And The Beanstalk on the ground floor of the Mercury Mall shopping centre, Mercury Gardens, Romford on Friday August 17.
Successful applicants will form part of the theatre’s Young Company and will appear alongside the Queen’s professional company of actor-musicians Cut to the Chase.
Candidates must be able to sing and dance to a high standard and preferably have some dance training. They must also have plenty of enthusiasm and commitment.
Successful auditionees join three teams of chorus members, who share 60 performances of Jack And The Beanstalk between them from December 1 to January 12.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested must book their places by Monday August 13.
Parents or guardians should email email@example.com stating the child’s name, age, date of birth, address and telephone number.
- 1 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 2 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 3 Harold Hill 18-year-old given suspended sentence for ATM robberies
- 4 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 5 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 6 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 7 Romford MP slams Crossrail delay as it will miss Queen's platinum jubilee
- 8 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 9 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 10 Christmas lights switch-on to return in Romford
Queen’s will be in contact with a time slot and registration form to bring on the day. Auditionees must bring a passport sized recent photograph, prepare a chorus of a song to sing unaccompanied, wear suitable clothes to move about in, be prearped to stay for up to three hours and be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to attend a recall audition the next day on Saturday August 18 at the theatre.
Successful candidates must attend all rehearsal which will begin in November and are usually held between 4 to 6pm on weekddays two or three times a week plus a Saturday rehearsal.