Open auditions for Hornchurch theatre’s panto
Youngsters can get the chance to star in this year’s Queen’s Theatre panto.
The theatre in Billet Lane, Hornchurch is holding open auditions for ages eight to 15 for Jack And The Beanstalk on the ground floor of the Mercury Mall shopping centre, Mercury Gardens, Romford on Friday August 17.
Successful applicants will form part of the theatre’s Young Company and will appear alongside the Queen’s professional company of actor-musicians Cut to the Chase.
Candidates must be able to sing and dance to a high standard and preferably have some dance training. They must also have plenty of enthusiasm and commitment.
Successful auditionees join three teams of chorus members, who share 60 performances of Jack And The Beanstalk between them from December 1 to January 12.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested must book their places by Monday August 13.
Parents or guardians should email email@example.com stating the child’s name, age, date of birth, address and telephone number.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 5 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 6 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 8 'Second of its kind' interactive Oceanarium room to open in Romford
- 9 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’
- 10 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
Queen’s will be in contact with a time slot and registration form to bring on the day. Auditionees must bring a passport sized recent photograph, prepare a chorus of a song to sing unaccompanied, wear suitable clothes to move about in, be prearped to stay for up to three hours and be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to attend a recall audition the next day on Saturday August 18 at the theatre.
Successful candidates must attend all rehearsal which will begin in November and are usually held between 4 to 6pm on weekddays two or three times a week plus a Saturday rehearsal.