Online apprenticeship vacancies in Havering have nearly doubled in 12 months - new figures
- Credit: Archant
The number of online apprenticeship vacancies in Havering has almost doubled in the last year, new figures from the National Apprenticeship Service show.
One hundred and thirty-five vacancies were advertised at apprenticeships.co.uk in Havering between February and March – compared with 70 in the same period last year.
That’s the third-biggest percentage increase in London.
Demand is high, with about 13 applicants for every apprenticeship position in the borough – but that still makes it the fifth easiest place to get an apprenticeship in London. In Waltham Forest there are about 32 applicants for every place.
For more information, including a short film on how to apply for an apprenticeship, go to apprenticeships.org.uk.
You may also want to watch:
Online applications for apprenticeships make up about 80 per cent of applications. Paper applications aren’t covered by these figures.
- 1 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 2 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Mum fears gaping ceiling left by workers will 'collapse' on children
- 7 Women targeted in string of mobile phone thefts at Romford nightclub
- 8 Entry and exit wording on ground by Elm Park car park to be investigated
- 9 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson denies 'blackfishing' accusations