One month left to sign up to Havering Council scheme for lower energy bills
Residents in Havering have just under one month left to sign up to a new scheme which aims to get them cheaper energy prices.
A collective energy switching scheme is being organised by Havering Council and several other local authorities across the country.
It will work by using the buying power of a large group to attract lower prices from the energy companies.
People can sign up for the scheme up to and including December 17.
The next day an auction will take place where energy companies can bid for the custom of those who have signed up.
You may also want to watch:
Once the auction closes, the switching company the council is working with, iChoosr, will find the best deal.
Those who register their interest will be under no obligation to switch their energy company if they are not happy with the offer.
- 1 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 2 'He was petrified': Rainham mother calls for more action on bullying
- 3 'For my kids': Mother vows to keep fighting over council flat mould
- 4 Harold Wood walkers ‘frustrated’ as ‘beyond repair’ bridge is closed
- 5 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 6 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms
- 7 Romford Town swimmer Junayna Ahmed to compete in Olympic Games
- 8 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 9 New community hub opens in Rainham 'following Harold Hill centre's success'
- 10 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
There will be no third parties involved once the switch to the new company has taken place.
Cllr Barry Tebbutt, cabinet member for environment, said: “People can save a lot of money by choosing the cheapest supplier but there is usually a lot of shopping around to do and it can seem difficult or inconvenient to switch from one company to another. However there is a lot of money to be saved.
“This scheme really is simple and using the bargaining power of many, the prices are really competitive.”
For more information call freephone 0800 088 5007. To sign up and for more information visit www.havering.gov.uk/readytoswitch.