One is enough for Hornchurch and Romford
Urchins and Boro seal slender wins
Hornchurch and Romford both recorded 1-0 wins in their respective Ryman League assignments at the weekend.
High-flying Urchins were made to work hard for the Premier Division points at Leatherhead.
And below-par Romford saw off Great Wakering Rovers in Division One North at Mill Field.
Jimmy McFarlane’s Hornchurch looked set to return with a point from lowly Leatherhead as defences dominated.
You may also want to watch:
But leading scorer Martin Tuohy headed an injury-time winner, his 13th of the season, to make it nine away wins from 10 matches.
Romford, meanwhile, grabbed their winner after 68 minutes when captain Paul Clayton converted a free-kick from close range.
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 4 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 5 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 6 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
- 7 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 8 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 9 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 10 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
Abs Seymour was sent off for a second bookable offence in the closing stages, but Boro held on for a victory which lifted them back up to tenth place.
Both clubs focus their attentions on Essex Senior Cup action tomorrow night.
Urchins visit League One side Colchester, having lost 6-0 on their previous trip to the Weston Homes Community Stadium.
They also lost 2-1 to their full-time rivals in the delayed 2010 final at Bridge Avenue
Boro entertain Canvey, having knocked Conference side Braintree out in the previous round.