Olympic torch to travel through Havering
The Olympic torch will be coming to Havering.
The torch is doing a 70-day relay around the country, starting from Lands End.
A search for 8,000 “inspirational” people to carry the torch began this week.
Havering Council is encouraging nominations.
Cllr Andrew Curtin said: “We are delighted that the Olympic flame will be visiting Havering.
You may also want to watch:
“This will be a once in a lifetime opportunity to see the famous Olympic torch.”
- 1 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 2 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 3 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 4 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 5 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 6 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 7 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 8 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 9 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 10 One teenager dead in Harold Wood triple stabbing