Olympic Torch Relay: Rainham crowds and entertainers welcome the flame
Crowds lined the streets of Rainham to see the Olympic Torch today.
In Rainham Village entertainment was put on by performers including Kam Singh on the dhol drum, Bok Tucker, 18, on saxophone, local majorettes and the Lightnin’ Drama Group.
Bok, 18, the son of Cllr Jeffrey Tucker, said: “It was a really good experience, I enjoyed it a lot, it was definitely the biggest crowd I’ve ever played to.”
Volunteer marshal Julie Tripp helped the public find their way around the area near The Albion pub so they could get a glimpse of the Flame as it passed by.
She said: “The atmosphere was great. I’ve lived in Rainham all my life so I wanted to volunteer in Rainham.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone was laughing and smiling and having a good time.”
If you took pictures and want to share them with the Recorder, visit london.iwitness.co.uk and upload your album!
- 1 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 2 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 7 'Accident waiting to happen': Neighbours on 'traffic carnage' around school
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 10 Havering parks retain Green Flag awards
Don’t forget to pick up your special souvenir Olympic Torch edition of the Recorder this Friday!