Officers reassure worshippers at Romford Church
- Credit: Archant
Police helped to reassure worshippers after an attempted break in at their church.
Officers from Romford Safer Neighbourhood team were invited to a service at St Andrew’s Church in St Andrew’s Road.
PC Max Hume said “It was good to be able to provide the reassurance and advice required. We were surprised to be asked to take part in the service but were very grateful for the recognition we received.”
The church was targeted by suspects who tried to get into the building through a window.
Luckily they were unable to get inside because of security bars on the doors and windows.
You may also want to watch:
Officers were praised during the service by Reverend Lara Dose for giving out crime prevention advice after the incident.
They were also invited to refreshments with members of the congregation.
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 3 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
- 4 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 5 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 6 West Ham legend Sir Trevor Brooking supports charity golf day
- 7 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 8 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 9 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 10 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says