Officers reassure worshippers at Romford Church
- Credit: Archant
Police helped to reassure worshippers after an attempted break in at their church.
Officers from Romford Safer Neighbourhood team were invited to a service at St Andrew’s Church in St Andrew’s Road.
PC Max Hume said “It was good to be able to provide the reassurance and advice required. We were surprised to be asked to take part in the service but were very grateful for the recognition we received.”
The church was targeted by suspects who tried to get into the building through a window.
Luckily they were unable to get inside because of security bars on the doors and windows.
You may also want to watch:
Officers were praised during the service by Reverend Lara Dose for giving out crime prevention advice after the incident.
They were also invited to refreshments with members of the congregation.
- 1 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 2 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 3 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 4 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 5 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 6 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens charged with murder to face court
- 7 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 8 Action promised over 'lorry parking forcing children to walk in busy road'
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 Local high street rewards scheme launched in Brentwood