Officers give crime prevention advice to Havering Ladies’ Guild
- Credit: Archant
Members of the Havering Ladies’ Guild were able to brush up on their crime prevention tips.
Officers from Romford Town Safer Neighbourhood team visited the group at the United Reformed Church in Western Road, Romford recently.
The team gave a presentation on home security, personal safety and how to reduce the chances of becoming a victim of crime.
The officers also spent time explaining the role of a PCSO.
PCSO Sue Sullivan said “We both really enjoyed our visit and the opportunity to spread the crime prevention message to our residents.
“We were able to demonstrate that the PCSO is a vital member of the ward team, being the eyes and ears of the police service. We even received a round of applause at the end.”
- 1 Travel disruptions to look out for this week across east London
- 2 Twelve Havering properties sold for more than £1m in October
- 3 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 4 Heritage: How Gallows Corner got its sinister name
- 5 How The Apprentice's Thomas Skinner pivoted his business to weather Covid
- 6 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 7 Covid survivor, 16, urges people to get jabbed after months in hospital
- 8 Free parking to 'boost Havering's high streets' for Christmas season
- 9 Hanukkah 2021: Five ways to celebrate in east London
- 10 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?