Officers give crime prevention advice to Havering Ladies’ Guild
- Credit: Archant
Members of the Havering Ladies’ Guild were able to brush up on their crime prevention tips.
Officers from Romford Town Safer Neighbourhood team visited the group at the United Reformed Church in Western Road, Romford recently.
The team gave a presentation on home security, personal safety and how to reduce the chances of becoming a victim of crime.
The officers also spent time explaining the role of a PCSO.
PCSO Sue Sullivan said “We both really enjoyed our visit and the opportunity to spread the crime prevention message to our residents.
You may also want to watch:
“We were able to demonstrate that the PCSO is a vital member of the ward team, being the eyes and ears of the police service. We even received a round of applause at the end.”
- 1 Ex-councillor ordered to undo unauthorised green belt building works
- 2 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 3 Harold Hill neighbours still feeling effects of freak flooding
- 4 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 5 Covid-19: Latest figures show almost 31,000 positive cases in Havering
- 6 'I'm terrified': Woman calls on council to move her to new accommodation
- 7 Romford woman arrested on suspicion of illegal money lending
- 8 Complaint over elderly woman facing homelessness among those ombudsman upheld in 2020/21
- 9 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 10 Top activities in Romford this summer according to Tripadvisor