OFF, OFF, OFF
Local sport suffers white out
Freezing temperatures and heavy snowfall have led to the cancellation of all major local sporting events this weekend.
After morning pitch inspections, Hornchurch’s Ryman Premier Division clash at Sutton and Romford’s Division One North encounter at Enfield Town were both postponed.
Rugby matches involving Romford & Gidea Park, Upminster, Campion and Old Cooperians also fell victim to the latest cold snap and a handful of rearranged hockey fixtures involving Havering and Upminster suffered a similar fate.
Romford Raiders were forced to call off their home English National League Division One meeting with Cardiff, who were unable to travel from south Wales, and will not themselves be travelling to Invicta today.
You may also want to watch:
New dates will be announced for those fixtures will be announced as soon as possible by Raiders management.
Romford Fury’s home meeting with Peterborough in Division Two today has also been called off.
- 1 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 2 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 3 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 4 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 5 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 6 Ex-cop quizzed by police amid historic child sex investigation
- 7 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 8 Sixth form denies knowledge of alleged A Level 'no confidence vote'
- 9 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 10 ‘It was odd’: Nurse who battled breast cancer retires after 30 years
Another indoor sport, basketball, could not avoid the troubles either, with London Leopards forced to cancel their meeting with Brixton.
Hornchurch and Romford are both scheduled to play on Tuesday night, but their matches at Concord and Dulwich will be in serious doubt as temperatures remain below zero.