OFF, OFF, OFF
Local sport suffers white out
Freezing temperatures and heavy snowfall have led to the cancellation of all major local sporting events this weekend.
After morning pitch inspections, Hornchurch’s Ryman Premier Division clash at Sutton and Romford’s Division One North encounter at Enfield Town were both postponed.
Rugby matches involving Romford & Gidea Park, Upminster, Campion and Old Cooperians also fell victim to the latest cold snap and a handful of rearranged hockey fixtures involving Havering and Upminster suffered a similar fate.
Romford Raiders were forced to call off their home English National League Division One meeting with Cardiff, who were unable to travel from south Wales, and will not themselves be travelling to Invicta today.
You may also want to watch:
New dates will be announced for those fixtures will be announced as soon as possible by Raiders management.
Romford Fury’s home meeting with Peterborough in Division Two today has also been called off.
- 1 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 2 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 3 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 4 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 5 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 6 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 7 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 8 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 9 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 10 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
Another indoor sport, basketball, could not avoid the troubles either, with London Leopards forced to cancel their meeting with Brixton.
Hornchurch and Romford are both scheduled to play on Tuesday night, but their matches at Concord and Dulwich will be in serious doubt as temperatures remain below zero.