Family pays tribute to 'much loved' florist
- Credit: courtesy of Jeffrey Ellis' family
Tributes have been paid to a "much loved" florist from Romford after his death.
People lined Heathway, Dagenham to pay their respects to Jeffrey Ellis, 62, during his funeral procession through the town.
The father-of-four and grandfather-of-five had been a florist in Dagenham for more than 20 years, most recently at Danny's Florist in Oxlow Lane.
His family said: “Our dad was a much loved man, not only by his children, grandchildren and family but by everyone in Dagenham.
"The tributes we have received have shown this and we are forever thankful.
"We will miss our dad deeply but he will live on through our memory and we will take him wherever we will go. We love you.”
He was previously a conductor and bus driver for Stagecoach.
- 1 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 2 Homes under the Planner: Applications submitted or approved in Havering
- 3 'Feels like family': Romford school delights in Ofsted outcome
- 4 Up to 21m, 35,000sqm redevelopment of Rainham industrial site given green light
- 5 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
- 6 Rainham and Dagenham MP calls for delay to ULEZ expansion
- 7 Police investigate reports of disabled students' 'unexplained' injuries at college
- 8 Plans submitted for 'new housing development' in Hornchurch
- 9 Pride 2022: Havering Council to attend central London event for first time
- 10 Man murdered two armed teenage boys who had been chasing him, court told
Jeffrey grew up in Dagenham before moving to Barking and then Romford, where he lived for the last 11 years.
His daughter April said he enjoyed spending time with family, music, holidays to Benidorm and cracking "typical dad jokes".