OAP injured in Harold Wood car crash
AN ELDERLY woman motorist suffered back and chest injuries following a crash in the A12 Colchester Road yesterday morning (Sunday October 3).
AN ELDERLY woman motorist suffered back and chest injuries following a three car crash in the A12 Colchester Road, Harold Wood, yesterday morning (Sunday October 3).
The 87-year-old was driving a blue Peugeot which was in collision with a blue Jaguar, which then hit a black Passat, just before 9am.
She was cut from her car by London Fire Brigade and taken to Queen’s Hospital, in Rom Valley Way, Romford, where she remains in a stable condition.
The Jaguar driver, a 60-year-old man, and his teenage passenger were unhurt as was the 35-year-old driver of the Passat.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed in both directions for nearly eight hours between Gubbins Lane and Whitelands Way, as well as at Tangent Link.
Eastbound traffic resumed at 4.55pm and all roads reopened at 5.24pm.
- 1 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 2 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 3 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 4 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 5 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Havering parents and children soars
- 7 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 8 Heritage: Measuring speed of sound at Upminster
- 9 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 10 Sonic boom heard across east London, Essex and Cambridge