OAP injured in Harold Wood car crash
AN ELDERLY woman motorist suffered back and chest injuries following a crash in the A12 Colchester Road yesterday morning (Sunday October 3).
AN ELDERLY woman motorist suffered back and chest injuries following a three car crash in the A12 Colchester Road, Harold Wood, yesterday morning (Sunday October 3).
The 87-year-old was driving a blue Peugeot which was in collision with a blue Jaguar, which then hit a black Passat, just before 9am.
She was cut from her car by London Fire Brigade and taken to Queen’s Hospital, in Rom Valley Way, Romford, where she remains in a stable condition.
The Jaguar driver, a 60-year-old man, and his teenage passenger were unhurt as was the 35-year-old driver of the Passat.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed in both directions for nearly eight hours between Gubbins Lane and Whitelands Way, as well as at Tangent Link.
Eastbound traffic resumed at 4.55pm and all roads reopened at 5.24pm.
- 1 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 2 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 3 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 4 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 7 Kem Cetinay’s Array restaurant to host Halloween 'ball'
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Women targeted in string of mobile phone thefts at Romford nightclub
- 10 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August