Romford hunting Foxes
Ryman Division 1N
Ilford v Romford
Boro will be hoping to bounce back from their controversial 1-0 defeat at Ware tonight, weather permitting.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Martin saw captain Paul Clayton and Jamie Dicks sent off at Wodson Park, where the hosts claimed a late winner to take all three points.
Ware’s win, and Ilford’s derby defeat against Redbridge, sent the Foxes back to the foot of the table.
- 1 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 4 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 5 Broken bus stop in Upminster to be repaired within 'few weeks'
- 6 Royal Mail apologises for Covid-related delays as pensioner reports no deliveries 'for weeks'
- 7 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 8 Woman who struggled to walk with 'excruciating pain’ to run London Marathon
- 9 Hornchurch Covid woodland memorial gets residents' backing, survey says
- 10 Hospitality Hero: 'Biggest prize is appreciation,' says tearoom owner
But Martin is not expecting an easy time of it at Cricklefield Stadium, despite Ilford’s run of only one win in 18 matches, which came at Redbridge two weeks ago.
He said: “Ilford have been in some decent form, although they lost 2-1 and had a player sent off at the weekend.
“They’ve been a bit unlucky over the last couple of weeks and it’s not an easy game on their surface.
“We’ve had a lot of trouble at Ware, there’s always something. I hope we don’t have to go there next year, it’s a mocking ground for me.”
All eyes will be on the temperature gauge this afternoon, though, with sub-zero forecast threatening a frozen pitch and potential postponement.
Martin is certainly hoping to get the green light to play, with Boro looking to complete a double over their rivals after a 2-0 success at Mill Field earlier in the season.
He added: “The boys are going to be hungry after what happened to us on Saturday.
“We’ve got a strong squad available and I’d like to get the Ilford game on.”
Updates on the status of tonight’s fixture will appear on the Recorder website as and when we get them.