Hornchurch face battle; Romford up for cup
Ryman Premier Division
Hastings v Hornchurch
Injury-hit Hornchurch head to Sussex looking to maintain their high-flying status in the league.
You may also want to watch:
Jimmy McFarlane’s men came from behind to gain revenge on fierce rivals Concord last weekend, following their FA Cup exit earlier in the season.
But victory came at a cost, with several players left carrying knocks of varying seriousness.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 6 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 7 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 8 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 9 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
Captain Elliot Styles missed Monday’s Essex Senior Cup tie at Thurrock, where Urchins won a penalty shoot-out after a goalless draw to earn a trip to League One side Colchester.
Martin Tuohy and Reiss Noel were also absent, while Lewis Smith made a brief appearance as a substitute.
Dave McSweeney and Michael Spencer were forced off with injuries at Ship Lane, leaving the Hornchurch physio particularly busy this week.
Ryman League Cup
Maldon v Romford
Boro produced an eight-goal thriller with Waltham Forest in Ryman Division One North last weekend.
Nick Reynolds netted twice to help claim a point in a 4-4 draw, after Jack Barry and Kurt Smith struck early goals to build a 2-0 lead.
Top scorer Smith, who has nine goals to his name so far this term, serves a one-game suspension this weekend after collecting five bookings, while Jamal Heywood begins a three-match ban for his red card against Heybridge.
Maldon, meanwhile, sacked joint managers Brad King and Glen Knight this week due to their poor recent form.
Defenders Ian Cousins and Adam Flanagan are set to take charge this weekend.