Tough trips for Hornchurch, Romford
Ryman Premier Division
Lewes v Hornchurch
Table-topping Urchins travel down to Sussex to take on Lewes tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
Both sides enjoyed FA Trophy success last weekend, Hornchurch grabbing a last-minute winner at Wingate, while Lewes saw off Cray by the same 2-1 margin.
And both were handed away trips in the next round: Hornchurch visit Harrow, while Lewes go to Harlow on November 5.
- 1 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 2 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 3 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 4 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 5 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 6 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 7 Kem Cetinay’s Array restaurant to host Halloween 'ball'
- 8 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 9 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 10 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
It’s all about the three points this weekend, though, and Hornchurch can travel with confidence thanks to their fine away form this term.
Jimmy McFarlane’s men have won six of their eight matches on the road to date and only a fool would bet against them possibly extending that run.
Ryman Division 1N
Potters Bar v Romford
Boro visit mid-table rivals Potters Bar after suffering their third defeat in four matches last weekend.
A below-par display led to a 2-1 home loss against Leiston but manager Paul Martin is remaining upbeat.
“We’re punching above our weight. I’m not beating myself up about it,” said Martin.
“I’ve taken a reality check. We’re one point away from our Christmas target so we’re on schedule.”
Romford turn their attentions to the Essex Senior Cup next week, when Conference outfit Braintree visit Mill Field on Tuesday.
Alan Devonshire’s men are making good progress following last season’s promotion, beating Darlington 3-1 at the weekend.