Aveley chase Essex Senior Cup glory
Essex Senior Cup Final
Aveley v Billericay (at Thurrock, 7.45pm)
Aveley take on Ryman Premier Division rivals Billericay in the final of the county’s prestigious cup competition at Thurrock’s Ship Lane tonight.
And Millers, who have never won the competition in their history, will be hoping for better after falling to a 1-0 defeat against Billericay in their league meeting on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Former Hornchurch striker Tony Boot headed the only goal of the game at New Lodge, two minutes after half-time, to leave Millers fighting for survival, four points adrift of safety.
Manager Carl Griffiths said; “When me and the rest of the management staff came here it was about Ryman Premier survival and it still is.
- 1 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 2 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 3 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 4 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 5 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 6 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 7 'It's appalling' - Frustration over persistent Collier Row water leak
- 8 One teenager dead in Harold Wood triple stabbing
- 9 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 10 Memorial bench at hospital honours 'well-loved' medic
“Cups you get a go at each season, but you only get one shot in the league.
“Billericay are a good side, fighting for a place in the play-offs. At this stage of the season most games mean a lot and it is no different for us between now and the end of the season.”
Billericay have not won the Senior Cup since 1976, while Hornchurch lost last year’s final 2-1 against League One side Colchester.
Admission tonight is �10 adults, �5 concessions and �2 children.