Aveley chase Essex Senior Cup glory
Essex Senior Cup Final
Aveley v Billericay (at Thurrock, 7.45pm)
Aveley take on Ryman Premier Division rivals Billericay in the final of the county’s prestigious cup competition at Thurrock’s Ship Lane tonight.
And Millers, who have never won the competition in their history, will be hoping for better after falling to a 1-0 defeat against Billericay in their league meeting on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Former Hornchurch striker Tony Boot headed the only goal of the game at New Lodge, two minutes after half-time, to leave Millers fighting for survival, four points adrift of safety.
Manager Carl Griffiths said; “When me and the rest of the management staff came here it was about Ryman Premier survival and it still is.
- 1 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 2 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 3 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 4 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 5 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 6 Ex-cop quizzed by police amid historic child sex investigation
- 7 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 8 Sixth form denies knowledge of alleged A Level 'no confidence vote'
- 9 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 10 ‘It was odd’: Nurse who battled breast cancer retires after 30 years
“Cups you get a go at each season, but you only get one shot in the league.
“Billericay are a good side, fighting for a place in the play-offs. At this stage of the season most games mean a lot and it is no different for us between now and the end of the season.”
Billericay have not won the Senior Cup since 1976, while Hornchurch lost last year’s final 2-1 against League One side Colchester.
Admission tonight is �10 adults, �5 concessions and �2 children.