Push for play-offs continue
Ryman Premier Division
Hendon v Hornchurch
Two late goals from recent signing Kieron St Aimie have earned Urchins four points in the past week.
The striker came off the bench to seal a 1-0 win over Hastings on his home debut last week, then repeated the trick to earn Jimmy McFarlane’s men a draw against leaders Sutton at the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
St Aimie will be pushing for a place in the starting line-up at Wembley tonight as Urchins visit Hendon looking to force their way into the top five.
The two sides battled to a goalless draw at Bridge Avenue in September, but Hornchurch have won five of their last seven and will want to make their point this evening.
- 1 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 2 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 3 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 4 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 5 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 6 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 7 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 8 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 9 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 10 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
Ryman Division 1N
Tilbury v Romford
Seven points from a possible nine has given Boro fresh impetus in their promotion push.
Ben Turner and Alex Read were on target in Saturday’s 2-0 win over play-off rivals Enfield Town, which followed a 2-1 win at Potters Bar and 3-3 home draw with Ilford.
Paul Martin’s men had gone six games without a win before that, slipping down to 10th place, and will be out for revenge at St Chads Road after losing 3-0 to Dockers earlier this month.
Richard Oxby and Joe Bingham are sidelined with injuries and Kurt Smith suffered a slight groin strain at the weekend.
But Paul Kavanagh is back from holiday and Martin will hope his squad can cope.