Push for play-offs continue
Ryman Premier Division
Hendon v Hornchurch
Two late goals from recent signing Kieron St Aimie have earned Urchins four points in the past week.
The striker came off the bench to seal a 1-0 win over Hastings on his home debut last week, then repeated the trick to earn Jimmy McFarlane’s men a draw against leaders Sutton at the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
St Aimie will be pushing for a place in the starting line-up at Wembley tonight as Urchins visit Hendon looking to force their way into the top five.
The two sides battled to a goalless draw at Bridge Avenue in September, but Hornchurch have won five of their last seven and will want to make their point this evening.
- 1 Woman, 52, dies in Collier Row in 'unexplained' circumstances
- 2 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Boy, 15, was in 'life-threatening' condition after Upminster stabbing
- 5 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 6 What's happening on the roads and railways next week?
- 7 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 8 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 9 Broken bus stop in Upminster to be repaired within 'few weeks'
- 10 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
Ryman Division 1N
Tilbury v Romford
Seven points from a possible nine has given Boro fresh impetus in their promotion push.
Ben Turner and Alex Read were on target in Saturday’s 2-0 win over play-off rivals Enfield Town, which followed a 2-1 win at Potters Bar and 3-3 home draw with Ilford.
Paul Martin’s men had gone six games without a win before that, slipping down to 10th place, and will be out for revenge at St Chads Road after losing 3-0 to Dockers earlier this month.
Richard Oxby and Joe Bingham are sidelined with injuries and Kurt Smith suffered a slight groin strain at the weekend.
But Paul Kavanagh is back from holiday and Martin will hope his squad can cope.