Non-League clubs washed out
Hornchurch and Romford matches off
Hornchurch and Romford have seen matches postponed today due to waterlogged pitches.
Urchins were due to visit Dover in Conference South, but The Crabble Stadium failed a 10am pitch inspection, despite its excellent drainage system.
Romford faced a long trip to Norfolk to take on Ryman Division One North rivals Wroxham, but their Trafford Park pitch was also declared unfit after a 9am inspection.
Both clubs will be hoping the weather improves over the next few days to allow them to stage home matches on Boxing Day.
You may also want to watch:
Jimmy McFarlane’s Urchins are set to entertain Welling at Bridge Avenue, with a 1pm kick-off.
And Paul Martin’s Boro also have a 1pm start against Tilbury at Thurrock’s Ship Lane base.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 3 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 4 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 6 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 7 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 8 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 9 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 10 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’