No complaints for Romford boss
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Martin reflects on Wroxham defeat
Romford boss Paul Martin had few complaints after his side’s 5-0 defeat at Ryman One North rivals Wroxham.
Boro made the long trip to Norfolk to find the pitch covered by snow and the game was in doubt before the officials listened to the pleas of both teams to play.
Matt Blake fired Wroxham ahead with stunning volley in the 23rd minute and Ben Thompson doubled their advantage in first-half injury time.
Jack Barry had a header ruled out early in the seconod half, before Ross Durrant made it 3-0.
You may also want to watch:
Matt Daniels scored from the spot after Matt Toms had been penalised for a challenge in the box.
Blake then wrapped up the scoring with his second goal of the game on 66 minutes before Kurt Smith twice struck the woodwork for Romford.
- 1 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 4 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 5 Broken bus stop in Upminster to be repaired within 'few weeks'
- 6 Royal Mail apologises for Covid-related delays as pensioner reports no deliveries 'for weeks'
- 7 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 8 Woman who struggled to walk with 'excruciating pain’ to run London Marathon
- 9 Hornchurch Covid woodland memorial gets residents' backing, survey says
- 10 Hospitality Hero: 'Biggest prize is appreciation,' says tearoom owner
Martin said: “The pitch was covered in snow, but they cleared the lines well. If anything, the pitch was waterlogged.
“But we’d worked hard to get there and I was pleased the referee took another look at the pitch before deciding to start the game.
“We have to consider the cost of getting there and we just needed to get the game out of the way.
“We missed a few chances but Wroxham outplayed us and outclassed us. They’ve been a bit of a bogey team for us this season considering they’re six points behind us and have done the double over us.”