No agreement between Daggers and Peterborough over Gayle insists boss Still
Dagenham & Redbridge manager John Still insists Peterborough have not talked to club over a possible move for Dwight Gayle.
Dagenham & Redbridge boss John Still insists no agreement has been made between Peterborough United and the club over the possible sale of striker Dwight Gayle.
Late last week speculation began as to an apparent deal between the Daggers and the Posh as regards to the 23-year-old’s future.
A �350,000 figure had been reported for a January move, though the former Stansted striker was set to stay at Dagenham for the remainder of the season.
But despite a game being played between the two teams last Wednesday and Peterborough chairman Darragh McAnthony tweeting a deal had been agreed for a striker in the mould of former Daggers striker Craig Mackail-Smith, Still denied that anything had been agreed between the two teams.
You may also want to watch:
“There is no agreement in place,” said Still.
“There is nothing to confirm or deny as far as we are concerned. Whether Peterborough talk to us when the window opens again in January, I don’t know.
- 1 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 2 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 3 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 4 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 5 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 6 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 7 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 8 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 9 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 10 'For my kids': Mother vows to keep fighting over council flat mould
“We have a young side and have had interest for some of our other players, not just Dwight Gayle.”
Read more of John Still’s thoughts on the matter in tomorrow’s Barking & Dagenham Post.