New Year’s message from Stacey Solomon
JUNGLE queen Stacey Solomon wished everone a “wicked” New Year – and put paid to those wedding rumours – in a heartfelt interview with the Recorder.
The 21-year-old former Havering College student shot to fame as an X Factor finalist last year, before taking the crown as winner of this year’s TV show I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! at the beginning of December.
When the Recorder spoke to Stacey, from neighbouring Dagenham, she was looking forward to a few days of rest at home after some hectic weeks following her victorious exit from the Aussie jungle.
She said: “It’s amazing to be home, with my friends and everyone around me.
“I have got a few days off. I can’t wait to have some well-deserved family time. I have to see all my friends.”
You may also want to watch:
The biggest reunion was the one with her two-and-a-half-year-old son.
She said: “The first day I sat at home with Zachary and did nothing but squeeze him, the poor boy.
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 4 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 5 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 6 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
- 7 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 8 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 9 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 10 Harold Wood primary school collaborates with West Ham on wellbeing garden project
“Every time I went to get something, he said ‘are you going to come back?’
Stacey said she really spoilt him over the Christmas period. Asked when she stopped believing in Santa Claus, she replied: “I still believe in him!”
Despite becoming the nation’s darling Stacey’s feet are still very much on the ground.
She said: “It’s still exactly the same. I live in the same house, nothing’s changed. I’ve just got a better job. People come up to me and say ‘well done’.”
But although she said that people should expect some some news after the holidays, she remained tight-lipped about whether that would involve more work in television or music. Commenting on newspaper rumours suggesting she intended to marry boyfriend Aaron Barham, she said: “I don’t think so, but hopefully one day. I want to get married and make a big fuss but I would do it my way.”
Stacey’s cheerful message to readers is: “Have a wicked New Year and I hope all your dreams come true.”