New Romford football centre to open next month
Romford’s newest football centre will open late next month, it has been announced.
The new facility at King George playing fields, Eastern Avenue West, will be run by PlayFootball who have announced that the public can use it from late September.
It will feature include floodlit, small-sided football pitches, changing rooms, on-site parking and a fully licensed sports bar.
The company says that its state of the art third Generation five and seven-a-side pitches are the world’s best artificial, all-weather playing surfaces.
Andy Smith, general manager, said: “We’re delighted to be bringing the latest PlayFootball centre to Romford.
You may also want to watch:
“Romford and the surrounding district has a vast number of football clubs, local teams and we believe that PlayFootball Romford will offer the community an opportunity to keep fit, compete and most importantly have fun in a fantastic brand new specialist venue.”
For more information on the Romford site visit www.playfootball.net/romford/home/ or call 08455 484848.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 6 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 7 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 8 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 9 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend