New nursery being set-up at Rainham business centre
A new nursery school for 150 babies and toddlers is to open on the campus of a Rainham business support centre.
The See Me Grow day nursery is being set up at CEME in Marsh Way and is expected to receive its first children in February.
The project is the latest venture of teacher Kimberley Jenkins who has already opened the Corpus Christi pre school in Collier Row in 2006 and the Crownfield pre school opened three years later.
Together they have about 150 pupils and employ about twenty people.
Kimberley says her new project will eventually provide places for about 100 children and create ten new jobs.
You may also want to watch:
She said: ”There is a great shortage of nurseries for pre school children across the whole area.
“Apart from working couples we know Havering has a large number of single women who need to go out to work and we are hoping ‘See Me Grow’ will provide a valuable service for young families who need to go out to work and need a safe and professionally run environment for their children during the day.”
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 4 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 5 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 6 Disruptions to watch out for in and around Havering next week
- 7 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 8 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
Kimberley and her husband Paul, who have two sons of their own, aged three and one, are now busy decorating the purpose built pre school facility that was created for CEME but which has stood empty for over a year.
She added: ”The CEME site is absolutely ideal. It is totally safe being on its own self contained campus and because we have a huge car park here away from any through roads mums and dads can drop off and pick up their youngsters easily and without any risk from moving traffic.