New murals to show off ‘beautiful buildings’ of Rainham
Passengers travelling through Rainham station have had their daily commute brightened with the installation of a new art celebrating the town’s ‘beautiful buildings’.
New murals have been painted on each platform, depicting a sunny Rainham landscape on one side, and a train on the other.
The design was chosen following a public competition to design the mural by train operator c2c, which was won by Niti Kaewbenjakarn, 23.
Cassie Sutton, c2c staion manager, said: “These murals help brighten up both stations, and really make them stand out.
“The reaction from our customers so far has been excellent – they really put smiles on people’s faces when they see them.”
You may also want to watch:
Niti Kaewbenjakarn, said: “I’m extremely honoured to have my work displayed for everyone to see at Rainham station.
“My inspiration came from wanting the people travelling past the town to know that there are beautiful churches and buildings in Rainham they could visit.”
- 1 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 2 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 Men questioned and 200 hours of CCTV seized after boys killed in Brentwood
- 6 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 7 Cladding scandal: Homeowners ‘stuck’ as service charges rise
- 8 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 9 Detectives appeal for witnesses to Upminster crash involving 'stolen' van
- 10 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel