New murals to show off ‘beautiful buildings’ of Rainham
Passengers travelling through Rainham station have had their daily commute brightened with the installation of a new art celebrating the town’s ‘beautiful buildings’.
New murals have been painted on each platform, depicting a sunny Rainham landscape on one side, and a train on the other.
The design was chosen following a public competition to design the mural by train operator c2c, which was won by Niti Kaewbenjakarn, 23.
Cassie Sutton, c2c staion manager, said: “These murals help brighten up both stations, and really make them stand out.
“The reaction from our customers so far has been excellent – they really put smiles on people’s faces when they see them.”
You may also want to watch:
Niti Kaewbenjakarn, said: “I’m extremely honoured to have my work displayed for everyone to see at Rainham station.
“My inspiration came from wanting the people travelling past the town to know that there are beautiful churches and buildings in Rainham they could visit.”
- 1 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 2 'He was petrified': Rainham mother calls for more action on bullying
- 3 'For my kids': Mother vows to keep fighting over council flat mould
- 4 Harold Wood walkers ‘frustrated’ as ‘beyond repair’ bridge is closed
- 5 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 6 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms
- 7 Romford Town swimmer Junayna Ahmed to compete in Olympic Games
- 8 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 9 'Unexplained' Collier Row death 'not believed to be suspicious'
- 10 New community hub opens in Rainham 'following Harold Hill centre's success'