New day centre for adults with learning disabilities opens in Rainham
A new day centre for adults with learning disabilities was officially opened today.
Leader of the Council, Michael White opened Avelon Day Centre in Avelon Road, Rainham today (Wednesday November 14).
Cllr White said: “I am really pleased with the work that has taken place.
“The centre will focus on new ways of working, which will provide a variety of development oppertunities for adults with a learning disability across the borough.”
The new centre boasts a number of multifuncitional rooms including a training kitchen.
You may also want to watch:
The building is also surrounded by large lawns next to Hornchurch Country Park, which will see the development of an orchard and a kitchen garden.
The centre will provide clients with new oppertunities to further their education and develop specific skills and knowledge in prepartion for voluntary and paid works.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 3 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 4 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 5 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 6 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’
- 8 Dagenham seal comfortable win over Hornchurch in pre-season
- 9 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 10 Heritage: Romford's key role in the English Civil War
Terry Ann Joyce, who uses the centre, helped Cllr White to cut the ribbon, she said: “The change is unbelievable, it’s really excellent what the building looks like and what the people have done to it.”