New day centre for adults with learning disabilities opens in Rainham
A new day centre for adults with learning disabilities was officially opened today.
Leader of the Council, Michael White opened Avelon Day Centre in Avelon Road, Rainham today (Wednesday November 14).
Cllr White said: “I am really pleased with the work that has taken place.
“The centre will focus on new ways of working, which will provide a variety of development oppertunities for adults with a learning disability across the borough.”
The new centre boasts a number of multifuncitional rooms including a training kitchen.
You may also want to watch:
The building is also surrounded by large lawns next to Hornchurch Country Park, which will see the development of an orchard and a kitchen garden.
The centre will provide clients with new oppertunities to further their education and develop specific skills and knowledge in prepartion for voluntary and paid works.
- 1 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 2 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 3 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 Cladding scandal: Homeowners ‘stuck’ as service charges rise
- 6 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 7 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 8 Men questioned and 200 hours of CCTV seized after boys killed in Brentwood
- 9 Detectives appeal for witnesses to Upminster crash involving 'stolen' van
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
Terry Ann Joyce, who uses the centre, helped Cllr White to cut the ribbon, she said: “The change is unbelievable, it’s really excellent what the building looks like and what the people have done to it.”