New Co-op set to open in Gidea Park
- Credit: Tommy Roberts
A new branch of the Co-op is set to open in Gidea Park tomorrow.
Open to customers from 6am on September 10, this new store is set to be managed by Tommy Roberts.
He told the Recorder: "It's exciting. This new store has created 16 jobs, so it's good for the area. It feels like a really friendly community too."
Tommy recently introduced himself to other businesses in the vicinity of the Main Road site, and is happy to report a warm welcome.
The site was previously home to a branch of American Golf.
With estimated investment of £1million, this new store will also offer online Click & Collect and a John Lewis parcel collection and returns service (to commence the week after launch).
This store - located opposite the Nisa - will be open seven days a week from 6am to 11pm.
- 1 Wendy's Romford to open tomorrow
- 2 Hornchurch school puts latest outstanding rating down to 'perfect synergy'
- 3 Eight-storey housing and retail development proposed for centre of Romford
- 4 Mayor of Havering admitted to hospital with Covid-19
- 5 Woman who 'glued neighbour's door shut' ordered to pay over £600
- 6 Service users overcharged total of £5m by council accounting 'screw up'
- 7 'Devastated' friends need £36k to help mum with bowel cancer
- 8 Police: Blaze in flats with flammable cladding was arson attack
- 9 Developer submits plan to build 28 houses on rural industrial park
- 10 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'