New child protection packs to go to churches in Havering
- Credit: Archant
A new child protection action pack has been published by Chelmsford Diocese to help churches in Havering and East London to keep children safe.
The pack consists of a policy and manual, a poster for church noticeboards, an action card and a letter from the Bishop.
The Bishop of Chelmsford, the Right Reverend Stephen Cottrell said: “The abuse of children in our society does terrible damage. No community is immune to it. In our churches we must be unflinching in our determination to protect all children from harm. Looking the other way is not an option.”
The new policy will be accompanied by an innovative training programme for all church teams. This programme has been designed with input from Essex Police.
It also contains information for churches including safe recruitment practices, a checklist of procedures that must be followed and contact numbers for people to phone if they have concerns about children.
You may also want to watch:
Bishop Cottrell said: “We must attend to every detail in making sure proper policies, procedures and checks are in place and that those who have responsibility for leadership in the Church in every role, lay and ordained, are properly trained and equipped to make the Church that community of welcome, safety and human flourishing that it is called to be.”
- 1 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 2 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 3 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 4 Trust celebrating Hornchurch history opens new permanent heritage centre
- 5 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 6 Hospitality Hero: 'Biggest prize is appreciation,' says tearoom owner
- 7 Woman who struggled to walk with 'excruciating pain’ to run London Marathon
- 8 Report found Town Hall response to alleged sexual harassment case 'disturbing'
- 9 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 10 Havering Hospitality Hero: Hornchurch's Tandoori Lounge racks up awards