New airshow will take to skies in Upminster
A new flying show is hoping to go stratospheric following an inaugural event in Upminster next Sunday (October 14).
The free Autumn Fly-In and Vintage Day, at Damyns Hall airfield, in Aveley Road, will feature aircraft displays; The RAF Hornchurch and Battle of Britain Road show; the Havering Classic Car Club; vintage motorcycles; radio-controlled flying models; aviation artist Barry Weekley; and 1940s music.
Organiser and historian Richard Smith said: “This show, which if a success, might become an annual date in the calendar.
“Aircraft taking to the air, if weather is suitable, will include 80 per cent scale Spitfire and Mustang replicas. It is hoped that a number of aircraft will fly-in from other airfields to display.”
There will also be a book and print signing featuring WW2 RAF veterans at the show, which is from 10am till 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
For further information call 07775742582 or 01708 523409.
- 1 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 2 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 3 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 4 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 5 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 6 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 7 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 8 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 9 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 10 'For my kids': Mother vows to keep fighting over council flat mould