Neil Ruddock opens family company's new Romford office
- Credit: Lee Goodwin
A former footballer and television personality helped an eighth-generation family business co-owner open a new office in Romford.
Oakleafe Claims co-owner Lee Goodwin, who played for West Ham United FC and Dagenham and Redbridge FC in the 1990s, invited fellow footballer and television personality Neil Ruddock to the opening.
“It was great to have my old teammate join us," Lee told the Recorder.
“He’s larger than life and made us all laugh.”
Insurance claims handling business Oakleafe Claims was founded in the 1880s, originally based on Romford’s Mawney Road.
You may also want to watch:
Lee explained: “We’re Romford born and bred.
“We have clients who are the grandchildren of my grandfather’s clients.”
- 1 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 2 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 3 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 4 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 5 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 6 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 7 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 8 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 9 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 10 One teenager dead in Harold Wood triple stabbing
Oakleafe now has offices in Stoke, Glasgow and Cardiff, but Lee explained Romford East London would always be the HQ.
Lee and brother Dean took over the business 12 years ago, though their father John also helps out.
“He'll never stop,” Lee joked.
He added: “A family business can get heated at times, but the comfortable atmosphere puts both staff and clients at ease."