Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- Credit: Office of National Statistics
Have you ever wondered how many people live in your area?
In 2021, people across England and Wales were asked to complete the once-in-a-decade census.
The Office of National Statistics (ONS) questionnaire revealed insights such as people's living arrangements and how diverse our society is, with the answers impacting local and national decisions for years to come.
But how well do you think you know the population spread across England and Wales?
How to play the Census 2021 map game
The Census map game challenges you to travel across the map by guessing the number of people who live in each local authority.
Each hexagon represents a local authority in England and Wales and you must guess whether the adjacent local authority has a higher or lower population.
- 1 Kem Cetinay: Love Island star offers ‘deepest condolences’ after fatal motorcycle collision
- 2 'Totally gutted’: Hornchurch nightclub owner vows to appeal after opening hours extension refused
- 3 Romford World Naked Bike Ride: How protest sits at the heart of the nude cycle
- 4 Motorcyclist dies after collision with car on Shepherds Hill
- 5 ‘It winds me up’: Cleanliness of Romford’s South Street slammed
- 6 Hornchurch police station: No movement on purchase plan as assurances sought about station's future
- 7 Romford flooring company proposes disused shop as site for new three-storey building with six homes
- 8 Man dies after suffering gunshot injuries in Harold Hill
- 9 Ilford man charged with possession of knife after Romford nightclub search
- 10 'Extremely hard': Mum donates Isla Caton's toys in act of kindness so 'her legacy lives on'
If you guess incorrectly, you will have to choose a different route.
There are three game modes to choose from when playing the game.
Regular mode challenges you to find your own route from start to finish with no time limit.
Beat the Clock is the same as regular mode but with a time limit and the Daily Game allows you to play a new set route each day.
Think you are up for the challenge?