Nando's Hornchurch and Ilford temporarily close after 'supply chain disruption'
- Credit: Google Images
Nando's has revealed it has temporarily closed many of its restaurants across the UK, including in Hornchurch and Ilford, due to supply chain issues.
The chain has shut restaurants, reduced hours and cancelled some of its branches delivery options.
Nando’s in Hornchurch is currently closed for eat-in, delivery and collection as is the Ilford branch.
A spokesperson for Nando's said: "The UK food industry has been experiencing disruption across its supply chain in recent weeks due to staff shortages and a number of our restaurants have been impacted."
They said that since Monday their team of "nandocas" have been supporting key suppliers onsite to "get things moving again".
The spokesperson added this has "already had a positive impact" on the affected restaurants.
On Twitter the chicken food chain responded to frustrated customers to say its UK supply chain was having a bit of a “mare right now".
- 1 'Everybody wanted to be in his company': Tributes paid to popular Romford postman
- 2 ‘If it’s happening, it’s a concern’: Hornchurch's surprise at claims Havering is at risk of far-right activity
- 3 Farming family to be evicted from Upminster land they worked for a century
- 4 'I thought I was dying': Havering mayor and deputy catch Covid
- 5 Murder investigation continues after man found dead after disturbance in Rainham
- 6 Romford shopping centre to host more than 50 events in run up to Christmas
- 7 Wheelchair user's 'disgust' at borough's pavements after park visit ends with hour wait for ambulance
- 8 Hornchurch man sentenced for child exploitation and animal porn
- 9 Murder investigation launched after man found dead in Rainham
- 10 Man found dead following 'group disturbance' in Rainham
The Nando's spokesperson said that it aims to reopen all closed branches from this Saturday, August 21, as a result of the "hard work behind scenes".