My weekend: Harold Hill blogger Michelle Ordever
- Credit: Archant
Michelle Ordever is a Harold Hill blogger, web designer and mum who has been shortlisted for a national Britmums Brilliance in Blogging award. We found out what makes her tick.
What do you like to do at the weekend?
Weekends are for family since we’re all so busy during the week. Even if we don’t go out for a full day, we will always try to go for a walk around one of the local country parks – for some fresh air, exercise and for me to take lots of photographs to blog about!
You’ve had a bad day. What makes you smile?
My six-month-old niece, Sephy. She’s such an inquisitive, cheeky and happy little baby- and growing up so fast too! Every smile she makes in my direction fills me with so much joy, it can’t fail to make me smile right back!
You may also want to watch:
What’s your guilty pleasure?
Singing like I think I’m some sort of pop superstar whilst driving! My favourite singer is Darren Hayes (of Savage Garden fame) and I have his CDs on continual loop when I’m out and about. And if it’s not him, it’s Bon Jovi or Michael Buble – I totally think I rock when I’m singing in the car!!
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 4 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 5 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 6 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 7 Array of activities to be held at Weald Park Country Show 2021
- 8 Brentwood's unsung heroes helping the community during the pandemic
- 9 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 10 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
What’s the oddest thing you’ve ever seen?
I looked out of my window one afternoon and thought that dog is huge!! Quite clearly I need glasses since it wasn’t a dog, but a miniature pony on a lead being taken for a walk! Definitely one of the oddest things I’ve ever seen!
If you had £1,000 to spend, where would you spend it and what would you buy?
I think I would splash out on upgrading my camera to a DSLR. I’ve wanted to upgrade for a long time, but the camera and lenses are always just out of my reach – with £1,000 I could afford something to really bring out my photography skills!