My weekend: Harold Hill blogger Michelle Ordever
- Credit: Archant
Michelle Ordever is a Harold Hill blogger, web designer and mum who has been shortlisted for a national Britmums Brilliance in Blogging award. We found out what makes her tick.
What do you like to do at the weekend?
Weekends are for family since we’re all so busy during the week. Even if we don’t go out for a full day, we will always try to go for a walk around one of the local country parks – for some fresh air, exercise and for me to take lots of photographs to blog about!
You’ve had a bad day. What makes you smile?
My six-month-old niece, Sephy. She’s such an inquisitive, cheeky and happy little baby- and growing up so fast too! Every smile she makes in my direction fills me with so much joy, it can’t fail to make me smile right back!
You may also want to watch:
What’s your guilty pleasure?
Singing like I think I’m some sort of pop superstar whilst driving! My favourite singer is Darren Hayes (of Savage Garden fame) and I have his CDs on continual loop when I’m out and about. And if it’s not him, it’s Bon Jovi or Michael Buble – I totally think I rock when I’m singing in the car!!
- 1 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 4 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 5 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 6 Ex-cop quizzed by police amid historic child sex investigation
- 7 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 8 Sixth form denies knowledge of alleged A Level 'no confidence vote'
- 9 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 10 ‘It was odd’: Nurse who battled breast cancer retires after 30 years
What’s the oddest thing you’ve ever seen?
I looked out of my window one afternoon and thought that dog is huge!! Quite clearly I need glasses since it wasn’t a dog, but a miniature pony on a lead being taken for a walk! Definitely one of the oddest things I’ve ever seen!
If you had £1,000 to spend, where would you spend it and what would you buy?
I think I would splash out on upgrading my camera to a DSLR. I’ve wanted to upgrade for a long time, but the camera and lenses are always just out of my reach – with £1,000 I could afford something to really bring out my photography skills!