Musicians in Havering celebrate after their music CD sold out
Musicians in Havering are celebrating after after the music CD they were featured on sold out.
The Romford Underground CD features 15 tracks from unsigned artists and has been restocked in the town after selling out.
The album was the result of a competition run by The Brewery Shopping Centre. Local musicians and bands were asked to enter their original music to the competition, before 20 artists were picked by a panel of judges. Fifteen of these made it to the CD.
Rubie Charalambous, centre manager at The Brewery, said: “We are overwhelmed by the support of shoppers at The Brewery who have made the first batch of CDs a sell-out in Sainsbury’s.
“With a mixture of different ballads and songs, it is a great album which will appeal to all.”
You may also want to watch:
The Romford Underground CD is currently on sale at Sainsbury’s at The Brewery Romford and www.thebreweryromford.com, priced at �7.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 3 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 4 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 6 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 7 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 8 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 9 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 10 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’