Mum died in front of family in Rainham road crash
A woman has died following a collision between two cars on the A1306 at Rainham.
The woman, who was given medical treatment to try to save her life while firefighters cut her out of a Ford car, died at the scene of the crash today near the junction with Launder’s Lane.
Her husband and two children were also in the car at the time of the crash.
A man has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and remains in custody at a north London police station.
The accident happened just before 12pm.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters from Wennington, Hornchurch, Dagenham and Romford attended to help free people trapped in their cars.
In addition to cutting out the female, they also cut a male passenger trapped in a Ford Mondeo.
- 1 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 4 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 5 Broken bus stop in Upminster to be repaired within 'few weeks'
- 6 Royal Mail apologises for Covid-related delays as pensioner reports no deliveries 'for weeks'
- 7 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 8 Woman who struggled to walk with 'excruciating pain’ to run London Marathon
- 9 Hospitality Hero: 'Biggest prize is appreciation,' says tearoom owner
- 10 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review