Mum died in front of family in Rainham road crash
A woman has died following a collision between two cars on the A1306 at Rainham.
The woman, who was given medical treatment to try to save her life while firefighters cut her out of a Ford car, died at the scene of the crash today near the junction with Launder’s Lane.
Her husband and two children were also in the car at the time of the crash.
A man has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and remains in custody at a north London police station.
The accident happened just before 12pm.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters from Wennington, Hornchurch, Dagenham and Romford attended to help free people trapped in their cars.
In addition to cutting out the female, they also cut a male passenger trapped in a Ford Mondeo.
- 1 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 2 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 3 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 4 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 5 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 6 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 7 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 8 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 9 'I've never felt so excited' - Theatre company saved from collapse
- 10 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people