Mug goes for a wander around Romford - to promote Macmillan coffee morning
If you recently thought you had seen a giant green cup wandering around Romford then there’s no need to feel like a mug - you were probably right.
Annie McGrath and Emily Whinnett who are volunteering with Macmillan Cancer Support had the task of walking around a variety of Essex locations dressed as ‘Muggy’.
Kidspace was just one of the locations Muggy visited, and while he was here he made friends with Kobi, the mascot for the soft play area.
Annie and Emily dressed up as part of promotion for Macmillan’s World’s Biggest Coffee Morning event.
The event, which has raised over �60 million since it started in 1990, invites people to host a coffee morning for their family and friends in aid of the charity.
You may also want to watch:
This year it is taking place on Friday September 28 and Emily and Annie want as many people to either hold or attend coffee mornings as possible.
Emily said: “Muggy had a great time. The reaction from the children was great and it really helped to promote our Coffee Morning.”
- 1 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 2 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 3 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 4 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 5 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 6 Men questioned and 200 hours of CCTV seized after boys killed in Brentwood
- 7 End 8am scramble to secure GP appointments, watchdog warns
- 8 Post delays reported in Harold Hill as Royal Mail confirms staff shortages
- 9 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
- 10 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
There will also be a coffee morning in aid of Macmillan at the Romford Ice Arena from 10.30-11.30am on September 3.
To register for the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning visit macmillan.org.uk/maketime, call 0845 070 1371 or text COFFEE to 88080.