Mug goes for a wander around Romford - to promote Macmillan coffee morning
If you recently thought you had seen a giant green cup wandering around Romford then there’s no need to feel like a mug - you were probably right.
Annie McGrath and Emily Whinnett who are volunteering with Macmillan Cancer Support had the task of walking around a variety of Essex locations dressed as ‘Muggy’.
Kidspace was just one of the locations Muggy visited, and while he was here he made friends with Kobi, the mascot for the soft play area.
Annie and Emily dressed up as part of promotion for Macmillan’s World’s Biggest Coffee Morning event.
The event, which has raised over �60 million since it started in 1990, invites people to host a coffee morning for their family and friends in aid of the charity.
You may also want to watch:
This year it is taking place on Friday September 28 and Emily and Annie want as many people to either hold or attend coffee mornings as possible.
Emily said: “Muggy had a great time. The reaction from the children was great and it really helped to promote our Coffee Morning.”
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 3 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 4 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 6 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 7 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 8 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 9 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 10 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’
There will also be a coffee morning in aid of Macmillan at the Romford Ice Arena from 10.30-11.30am on September 3.
To register for the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning visit macmillan.org.uk/maketime, call 0845 070 1371 or text COFFEE to 88080.