Motorcyclist injured after crash in Romford town centre
A motorcyclist has shoulder and pelvic injuries following a collision in Romford town centre this afternoon.
The crash between a bike and a car happened at around 1.35pm on London Road, near the junction of Eastbury Road.
The motorcyclist, a 33-year-old man, was taken to an east London hospital with what were initially thought to be life-threatening injuries. His injuries are now not as serious as first thought.
The driver of the car, an Audi A4, did stop at the scene.
Motorists were being advised to avoid the town centre earlier in the day while investigators from the traffic unit carried out inquiries, but the area is now back to normal.
You may also want to watch:
There have been no arrests.
Any witnesses call police on 101.
- 1 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 2 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 3 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 4 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 5 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 6 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 7 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 8 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 9 'Unexplained' Collier Row death 'not believed to be suspicious'
- 10 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week