More frustration for Romford boss
Martin: We just want to play
Romford manager Paul Martin suffered more frustration last night.
After seeing two of his players were sent off in a 1-0 defeat at Ware at the weekend, Martin saw Boro’s Ryman One North clash at Ilford postponed.
A 6pm inspection at Cricklefield revealed the pitch to be frozen and Martin said: “They couldn’t get a local ref there any earlier.
“It’s frustrating. You work all week and just want to play.
You may also want to watch:
“I was looking at taking nine points from these three games, but we were robbed on Saturday, then Ilford gets called off and now you can’t see much football being played over the next couple of weeks if it stays cold.”
Romford are due to host Maldon on Saturday, when Jack Barry serves a one-game ban following his sending-off for handball against Chatham.
- 1 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 4 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 5 Broken bus stop in Upminster to be repaired within 'few weeks'
- 6 Royal Mail apologises for Covid-related delays as pensioner reports no deliveries 'for weeks'
- 7 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 8 Woman who struggled to walk with 'excruciating pain’ to run London Marathon
- 9 Hornchurch Covid woodland memorial gets residents' backing, survey says
- 10 Hospitality Hero: 'Biggest prize is appreciation,' says tearoom owner
Chris Sullivan should return to the squad, after missing the trip to Ware with a slight hamstring strain.
Captain Paul Clayton and Jamie Dicks start three-game bans a week later, following their red cards at Wodson Park.