Mistakes costing us says McFarlane
Hornchurch boss unhappy with errors
Jimmy McFarlane says mistakes cost his side a Ryman Premier Division victory at Margate at the weekend.
Kieron St Aimie and Martin Tuohy cancelled out an early opener from the hosts to put Urchins on top in Kent.
But Wayne Wilson’s goal, direct from a corner, ensured honours finished even and McFarlane said: “We should be dealing with things like that but it’s another two points dropped.
“Individual errors are costing us points and we have been struggling against the lower sides.”
You may also want to watch:
Hornchurch have taken just five points from a possible 15 and lie three points off a play-off place and visit Horsham this weekend.
And McFarlane knows his side are running out of games to qualify.
- 1 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 2 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 3 Family of Harvey Tyrrell campaigning for stricter pub safety laws
- 4 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 5 Man jailed for drug offences and violent assaults in Romford flat
- 6 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 7 Memorial bench at hospital honours 'well-loved' medic
- 8 Petition launched by family of Harvey Tyrrell soars to 40,000 signatures
- 9 CCTV cameras to enforce new lorry ban through Rainham village
- 10 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
He added: “I think we need five wins from our last six games to get in the play-offs.
“We’ve done it before so it’s possible. We’ve got the players to do it, but it’s down to the players.”