Mistakes costing us says McFarlane
Hornchurch boss unhappy with errors
Jimmy McFarlane says mistakes cost his side a Ryman Premier Division victory at Margate at the weekend.
Kieron St Aimie and Martin Tuohy cancelled out an early opener from the hosts to put Urchins on top in Kent.
But Wayne Wilson’s goal, direct from a corner, ensured honours finished even and McFarlane said: “We should be dealing with things like that but it’s another two points dropped.
“Individual errors are costing us points and we have been struggling against the lower sides.”
You may also want to watch:
Hornchurch have taken just five points from a possible 15 and lie three points off a play-off place and visit Horsham this weekend.
And McFarlane knows his side are running out of games to qualify.
- 1 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 3 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 4 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 5 Complaint over elderly woman facing homelessness among those ombudsman upheld in 2020/21
- 6 Harold Hill neighbours still feeling effects of freak flooding
- 7 12 Estates: How is the regeneration programme progressing?
- 8 Covid-19: Latest figures show almost 31,000 positive cases in Havering
- 9 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 10 'It was amazing': Birthday surprise vintage bus tour for woman with Down's syndrome
He added: “I think we need five wins from our last six games to get in the play-offs.
“We’ve done it before so it’s possible. We’ve got the players to do it, but it’s down to the players.”