Mistakes costing us says McFarlane
Hornchurch boss unhappy with errors
Jimmy McFarlane says mistakes cost his side a Ryman Premier Division victory at Margate at the weekend.
Kieron St Aimie and Martin Tuohy cancelled out an early opener from the hosts to put Urchins on top in Kent.
But Wayne Wilson’s goal, direct from a corner, ensured honours finished even and McFarlane said: “We should be dealing with things like that but it’s another two points dropped.
“Individual errors are costing us points and we have been struggling against the lower sides.”
Hornchurch have taken just five points from a possible 15 and lie three points off a play-off place and visit Horsham this weekend.
And McFarlane knows his side are running out of games to qualify.
- 1 Woman who 'glued neighbour's door shut' ordered to pay over £600
- 2 Tributes to former Hornchurch, Dagenham, Wealdstone and Hendon forward Marvin Morgan
- 3 'Everybody wanted to be in his company': Tributes paid to popular Romford postman
- 4 Murder investigation continues after man found dead after disturbance in Rainham
- 5 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 6 Pupils explore great outdoors at primary's 'forest school'
- 7 Farming family to be evicted from Upminster land they worked for a century
- 8 'I thought I was dying': Havering mayor and deputy catch Covid
- 9 Wheelchair user's 'disgust' at borough's pavements after park visit ends with hour wait for ambulance
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
He added: “I think we need five wins from our last six games to get in the play-offs.
“We’ve done it before so it’s possible. We’ve got the players to do it, but it’s down to the players.”