THE OWNER of a sandwich bar is fuming after a disgruntled parent daubed “Don’t sell fags to my kids” on the pavement outside.
The graffiti was found penned outside of the cafe, sandwich bar and bakery, In The Mood For Food in Elmer Gardens, Rainham on Monday August 6.
The shop’s owner, Robbie Hazell said: “Whoever did this is really selfish because if they had taken the time to look then they would see that we are a sandwich shop so we don’t even sell cigarettes.
“Instead of coming into the shop and finding out more face-to-face they have taken it upon themselves to do such an act of stupidity.”
Robbie was first alerted to the message when his wife Pauline came to open as normal at around 7am.
He says that since then he has been bombarded with questions from customers and even lost trade.
He said: “We work very hard trying to make this business work but someone has taken it out of our hands.”
- 1 'Stop being so disgusting': Hornchurch mother's outrage at delivery drivers urinating on her house
- 2 Upminster bridal boutique gives back to frontline workers with £50 wedding dresses
- 3 Hornchurch Japanese restaurant rejects licensing officer's advice over late opening application
- 4 Knife seized in Hornchurch as part of neighbourhood patrol
- 5 Man found not guilty of attempted murder in Brentwood
- 6 Aldi given nod to open at former Mothercare branch in Romford
- 7 NHS staff protest mandatory vaccinations outside Queen's Hospital
- 8 WATCH: Man accelerates towards unconscious victim outside Sugar Hut
- 9 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 10 Romford's South Street reacts to BBC licence fee announcement
Robbie believes it was done by someone who got the shop confused and has even resorted to putting up a reward of �500 for anyone that can help find the culprit.