THE OWNER of a sandwich bar is fuming after a disgruntled parent daubed “Don’t sell fags to my kids” on the pavement outside.
The graffiti was found penned outside of the cafe, sandwich bar and bakery, In The Mood For Food in Elmer Gardens, Rainham on Monday August 6.
The shop’s owner, Robbie Hazell said: “Whoever did this is really selfish because if they had taken the time to look then they would see that we are a sandwich shop so we don’t even sell cigarettes.
“Instead of coming into the shop and finding out more face-to-face they have taken it upon themselves to do such an act of stupidity.”
Robbie was first alerted to the message when his wife Pauline came to open as normal at around 7am.
You may also want to watch:
He says that since then he has been bombarded with questions from customers and even lost trade.
He said: “We work very hard trying to make this business work but someone has taken it out of our hands.”
- 1 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 2 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 3 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 4 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 5 'My life lit up': Councillor's joy at reuniting with daughter after more than 30 years
- 6 Harvey, 7, died after electric shock 'flowed through his body', court hears
- 7 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 8 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 9 Council campaign calls on residents to take up Covid vaccine
- 10 Queen's and King George hospitals reach 10,000 vaccinated milestone
Robbie believes it was done by someone who got the shop confused and has even resorted to putting up a reward of �500 for anyone that can help find the culprit.