THE OWNER of a sandwich bar is fuming after a disgruntled parent daubed “Don’t sell fags to my kids” on the pavement outside.
The graffiti was found penned outside of the cafe, sandwich bar and bakery, In The Mood For Food in Elmer Gardens, Rainham on Monday August 6.
The shop’s owner, Robbie Hazell said: “Whoever did this is really selfish because if they had taken the time to look then they would see that we are a sandwich shop so we don’t even sell cigarettes.
“Instead of coming into the shop and finding out more face-to-face they have taken it upon themselves to do such an act of stupidity.”
Robbie was first alerted to the message when his wife Pauline came to open as normal at around 7am.
You may also want to watch:
He says that since then he has been bombarded with questions from customers and even lost trade.
He said: “We work very hard trying to make this business work but someone has taken it out of our hands.”
- 1 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 2 Mum-of-two's long-term home 'nightmare' amid housing crisis
- 3 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 4 Met officers used 'excessive force' during Romford fight
- 5 Romford student receives Amazon bursary for women studying computer science
- 6 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 7 Sensory room in Harold Hill school gets new mural
- 8 Heritage: Is it Romford or Rumford? You decide
- 9 Woman 'repulsed and sick' after finding bug in Lidl yoghurt
- 10 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
Robbie believes it was done by someone who got the shop confused and has even resorted to putting up a reward of �500 for anyone that can help find the culprit.