Missed opportunity for Daggers trio at Southend
Dagenham & Redbridge boss John Still disappointed as trio fail to make the most of Johnstone’s Paint Trophy tie at Southend United.
Daggers boss John Still has questioned the credentials of some of his Daggers players after being dumped out of the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy by Southend United on Tuesday after a 2-0 defeat.
With skipper Abu Ogogo and Billy Bingham nursing slight knocks and Dwight Gayle and Sam Williams only on the bench, it gave opportunities to Brian Woodall, Jake Reed and Danny J Green.
But they flattered to deceive and the Victoria Road chief now raises doubts about their capabilities.
“We made the changes for the right reasons and we expected a little bit more from one or two of the players that came in,” said Still afte
You may also want to watch:
“Jake and DJ didn’t play well enough and the same could be said for Brian Woodall.
“Those people had the opportunity. I had to do that because if any of the other lads get injured they are the people that have got to fill the space. Can they fill the space? Not after today, no.”
- 1 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 2 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 3 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 4 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 5 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 6 Men questioned and 200 hours of CCTV seized after boys killed in Brentwood
- 7 End 8am scramble to secure GP appointments, watchdog warns
- 8 East London police officer charged with rape
- 9 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
- 10 Post delays reported in Harold Hill as Royal Mail confirms staff shortages