Missed opportunity for Daggers trio at Southend
Dagenham & Redbridge boss John Still disappointed as trio fail to make the most of Johnstone’s Paint Trophy tie at Southend United.
Daggers boss John Still has questioned the credentials of some of his Daggers players after being dumped out of the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy by Southend United on Tuesday after a 2-0 defeat.
With skipper Abu Ogogo and Billy Bingham nursing slight knocks and Dwight Gayle and Sam Williams only on the bench, it gave opportunities to Brian Woodall, Jake Reed and Danny J Green.
But they flattered to deceive and the Victoria Road chief now raises doubts about their capabilities.
“We made the changes for the right reasons and we expected a little bit more from one or two of the players that came in,” said Still afte
You may also want to watch:
“Jake and DJ didn’t play well enough and the same could be said for Brian Woodall.
“Those people had the opportunity. I had to do that because if any of the other lads get injured they are the people that have got to fill the space. Can they fill the space? Not after today, no.”
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 6 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 7 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 8 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 9 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 10 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’