Miss Universe Essex hands over charity cash at Romford hospital
A touch of glamour came to Queen’s Hospital with a special donation.
Strongbones charity handed over �6,000 to children’s services at the Romford hospital, with the help of Miss Universe Essex and Miss Universe Essex Charity.
Competitors in this year’s beauty competition had raised money for the charity, and came to the children’s outpatients department to present the cheque.
Strongbones is a charity set up to support the families of children suffering from brittle bone disease, bone cancer, scoliosis, arthritis and all other conditions of the bone.
The money will be split between different departments, and will also be used to improve the plaster room for paediatric patients.
You may also want to watch:
Miss Universe Essex, and Miss Universe Essex Charity Rebecca Jane Bowler – who had raised the most for the charity throughout the competition by collecting at boxing and kick-boxing shows – chatted with patients and staff during their visit.
Rebecca, from Basildon, said: “I raised �3,000 myself by selling lollipops and glow-sticks at the events. It’s a very worthwhile cause.”
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Man injured after assault reported at Gallows Corner supermarket
- 3 Traffic building at petrol hotspots amid ongoing clamour for fuel
- 4 'Poor living standard': Plans for Harold Hill HMO blocked amid multiple concerns
- 5 Boy, 15, was in 'life-threatening' condition after Upminster stabbing
- 6 Plans submitted to build five new apartments beside Upminster station
- 7 Collier Row Roundabout set for resurfacing works
- 8 Woman, 52, dies in Collier Row in 'unexplained' circumstances
- 9 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 10 Havering college to launch new £15 million Rainham centre