Mischievous elf causing mayhem at Romford mall
- Credit: Archant
From creating popcorn sculptures to impersonating Santa and covering an entire shop in wrapping paper, a naughty elf will be making mischief at a shopping centre in the lead-up to Christmas.
Shoppers will be noticing strange things occurring at the Mercury Mall, Mercury Gardens, Romford, for the next month, as Elfie Shelfie makes his mark on the town centre.
Deputy manager Spencer Hawken said: “We wanted to bring a bit of fun to the mall by introducing Elfie, someone who is cheeky and mischievous, but with a good heart.
“It’s going to be very exciting to see what he gets up to!”
The story says that in the land of elves, Elfie is labelled as the “bad sheep” by everyone around him, getting everything wrong from struggling to tell the difference between what it is to be naughty and to be nice, to understanding the simplest of tasks like how to dress himself.
You may also want to watch:
But everything he does is with good intentions.
This year, while the rest of his fellow elves are sent on special missions throughout the world to help out their boss Santa, Elfie is left with nowhere to go and somehow ends up at the Mercury Mall.
- 1 Rainham gang members jailed for stealing 'over 130' vehicles
- 2 Plans for 1,380 homes on Waterloo Estate granted after tight vote
- 3 Ex-councillor under investigation over Green Belt building works
- 4 Tributes paid to well-loved Romford market fruit-seller
- 5 Strategy is to tackle 'persistent problem' of abandoned trolleys in Romford
- 6 Campaigners launch petition to keep Emerson Park in Hornchurch constituency
- 7 Six green spaces to enjoy in Havering
- 8 From 100 steps to 10,000: Romford woman tackles serious health issues by losing third of body weight
- 9 Death of Daniel Laskos far from isolated as London teen killings surge
- 10 Romford head chefs set for cook-off as finalists in national awards
Videos of his “Laurel and Hardy” style adventures will be uploaded in the weeks to come onto the Mercury Mall’s YouTube channel.
Shoppers will also have the chance to win a variety of prizes, including tickets for flicks at the Premiere Cinema.
In yesterday’s video (Thurs), Elfie was seen purchasing 10 gift vouchers from toy shop The Entertainer, with the idea of hiding them among presents in Santa’s Grotto.
“We can’t wait to see people’s reactions,” said Spencer.
“This year, Elfie is going to deliver his combination of naughty and nice upon the good people of Romford.”
To watch the videos, visit bit.ly/2gJbQPz.