Midfield pair ruled out of Coventry cup tie
Captial One Cup: Dagenham & Redbridge v Coventry City, Tuesday, August 14, kick-off 7.45pm
John Still has confirmed midfield duo Kevin Maher and Matthew Saunders will miss tonight’s visit of Coventry City in the Capital One Cup first round.
Maher will undergo a foot operation today as a follow-up to an original metatarsal injury suffered in January.
Meanwhile, Saunders is still recovering from an ankle problem which prematurely ended his season in March.
“Kevin Maher will have the screw taken out of his foot on Tuesday (today),” confirmed Still.
You may also want to watch:
“So he will be out for a maximum of 10 days.”
“Matt Saunders is training and a couple of weeks behind, but he’s not too bad.”
- 1 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 2 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 Men questioned and 200 hours of CCTV seized after boys killed in Brentwood
- 6 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 7 Cladding scandal: Homeowners ‘stuck’ as service charges rise
- 8 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 9 Detectives appeal for witnesses to Upminster crash involving 'stolen' van
- 10 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
Daggers are bidding to win a League Cup tie for the first time in their history and are likely to hand a debut to former Arsenal defender Gavin Hoyte.