Midfield pair ruled out of Coventry cup tie
Captial One Cup: Dagenham & Redbridge v Coventry City, Tuesday, August 14, kick-off 7.45pm
John Still has confirmed midfield duo Kevin Maher and Matthew Saunders will miss tonight’s visit of Coventry City in the Capital One Cup first round.
Maher will undergo a foot operation today as a follow-up to an original metatarsal injury suffered in January.
Meanwhile, Saunders is still recovering from an ankle problem which prematurely ended his season in March.
“Kevin Maher will have the screw taken out of his foot on Tuesday (today),” confirmed Still.
You may also want to watch:
“So he will be out for a maximum of 10 days.”
“Matt Saunders is training and a couple of weeks behind, but he’s not too bad.”
- 1 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
- 2 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 3 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 4 Reward offered to help find iconic Noak Hill Laurel and Hardy statues
- 5 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 6 Plan agreed to tackle persistent flooding in Abbs Cross Lane
- 7 Can you help find missing teenager last seen in Hornchurch?
- 8 Captain Sam Roberts bids farewell and thanks Romford Junior Raiders
- 9 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 10 Apology issued after council error sees pupils' fee multiplied by 100
Daggers are bidding to win a League Cup tie for the first time in their history and are likely to hand a debut to former Arsenal defender Gavin Hoyte.