Microwaved potpourri causes house fire in Romford

Potpourri burnt through a coffee table in Romford this morning (Monday).

A householder in Kew Close had microwaved a container of the dried, scented plants and left them on the table, not realising they had caught fire.

Firefighters said the potpourri had slowly burnt through the table in the lounge. The alarm was raised after children noticed smoke coming through the window.

A Romford fire crew extinguished the blaze at about 11am.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter