Search

Microwaved potpourri causes house fire in Romford

PUBLISHED: 17:45 29 October 2012

Firefighters were called

Firefighters were called

sub

Potpourri burnt through a coffee table in Romford this morning (Monday).

A householder in Kew Close had microwaved a container of the dried, scented plants and left them on the table, not realising they had caught fire.

Firefighters said the potpourri had slowly burnt through the table in the lounge. The alarm was raised after children noticed smoke coming through the window.

A Romford fire crew extinguished the blaze at about 11am.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Romford Recorder

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists