Michaela and Amy Edgar of Romford help renovate Moldovan school
Two kind-hearted Romford sisters hopped over to Moldova to help renovate a school.
And thanks to the Recorder’s coverage of the preparations for their trip, they managed to recruit a third volunteer for the challenge – 18-year-old Aaron Higgs of Hornchurch.
The trio flew out to Valcinet, in the west of the eastern European state, in August with the charity Teech. They helped fit toilets, decorate playground shelters and a dining room, and install new sinks.
“The mayor of the town and the rest of the villagers were extremely welcoming,” said 25-year-old Michaela, of Erroll Road, who is studying primary education. “On one occasion we had several woman and children come into the school to help us paint.
“We left having completed our challenge and made a much needed difference to the lives of people in Valcinet.”
You may also want to watch:
If you would like to get involved in future trips, visit www.teech.org.
- 1 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 2 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 3 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 East London police officer charged with rape
- 6 End 8am scramble to secure GP appointments, watchdog warns
- 7 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
- 8 Brentwood Halloween event cancelled following tragic deaths
- 9 Post delays reported in Harold Hill as Royal Mail confirms staff shortages
- 10 Romford man gets community order for causing pensioner's crash death