McFarlane: We deserved more
Urchins boss frustrated
Jimmy McFarlane felt Hornchurch deserved more than a point from their Ryman Premier Division clash with Billericay.
Tommy Black cancelled out Walid Matata’s early goal at Bridge Avenue to ensure a 1-1 draw, but McFarlane was a little disappointed.
He said: “They were probably better than us for the first 20 minutes, but then we took control.
“It was a great goal they scored, but we dominated the second half and should’ve won it. We had some good chances and hit the post in the last couple of minutes.
You may also want to watch:
“You’d take a 1-1 draw in a derby when things aren’t going well, but I think it was two points dropped.”
- 1 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 2 Letters: Social distancing, vaccination experience and how to stop catalytic converter thefts
- 3 Romford MP hails charity's 'extraordinary' work during Covid pandemic
- 4 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 5 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 6 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 7 Charity boss hails response after 'army of volunteers' come forward to support vaccine centres
- 8 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 9 Sonic boom heard across east London, Essex and Cambridge
- 10 More than 100 attend first session of gangs awareness workshop run by detective