McFarlane: We deserved more
Urchins boss frustrated
Jimmy McFarlane felt Hornchurch deserved more than a point from their Ryman Premier Division clash with Billericay.
Tommy Black cancelled out Walid Matata’s early goal at Bridge Avenue to ensure a 1-1 draw, but McFarlane was a little disappointed.
He said: “They were probably better than us for the first 20 minutes, but then we took control.
“It was a great goal they scored, but we dominated the second half and should’ve won it. We had some good chances and hit the post in the last couple of minutes.
You may also want to watch:
“You’d take a 1-1 draw in a derby when things aren’t going well, but I think it was two points dropped.”
- 1 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 2 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 3 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 4 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 5 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 6 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 7 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 8 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 9 'I've never felt so excited' - Theatre company saved from collapse
- 10 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions