McFarlane: We deserved more
Urchins boss frustrated
Jimmy McFarlane felt Hornchurch deserved more than a point from their Ryman Premier Division clash with Billericay.
Tommy Black cancelled out Walid Matata’s early goal at Bridge Avenue to ensure a 1-1 draw, but McFarlane was a little disappointed.
He said: “They were probably better than us for the first 20 minutes, but then we took control.
“It was a great goal they scored, but we dominated the second half and should’ve won it. We had some good chances and hit the post in the last couple of minutes.
You may also want to watch:
“You’d take a 1-1 draw in a derby when things aren’t going well, but I think it was two points dropped.”
- 1 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 2 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 3 Sixth form denies knowledge of alleged A Level 'no confidence vote'
- 4 Ex-cop quizzed by police amid historic child sex investigation
- 5 Havering road and rail delays to look out for next week
- 6 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 7 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 8 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 9 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 10 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months