McFarlane: We deserved more
Urchins boss frustrated
Jimmy McFarlane felt Hornchurch deserved more than a point from their Ryman Premier Division clash with Billericay.
Tommy Black cancelled out Walid Matata’s early goal at Bridge Avenue to ensure a 1-1 draw, but McFarlane was a little disappointed.
He said: “They were probably better than us for the first 20 minutes, but then we took control.
“It was a great goal they scored, but we dominated the second half and should’ve won it. We had some good chances and hit the post in the last couple of minutes.
“You’d take a 1-1 draw in a derby when things aren’t going well, but I think it was two points dropped.”
- 1 'Stop being so disgusting': Hornchurch mother's outrage at delivery drivers urinating on her house
- 2 Upminster bridal boutique gives back to frontline workers with £50 wedding dresses
- 3 Hornchurch Japanese restaurant rejects licensing officer's advice over late opening application
- 4 Knife seized in Hornchurch as part of neighbourhood patrol
- 5 Man found not guilty of attempted murder in Brentwood
- 6 Aldi given nod to open at former Mothercare branch in Romford
- 7 WATCH: Man accelerates towards unconscious victim outside Sugar Hut
- 8 NHS staff protest mandatory vaccinations outside Queen's Hospital
- 9 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 10 Romford's South Street reacts to BBC licence fee announcement