McFarlane: I’m obsessed
Hornchurch boss watching weather
Jimmy McFarlane admits he has never been so obsessed with weather reports.
Hornchurch boss McFarlane has been following Met Office reports daily, hoping for better news.
Urchins saw their Ryman Premier Division trip to Sutton frozen off at the weekend and their Essex Senior Cup tie at Concord suffered a similar fate in midweek.
McFarlane said: “When you’ve gone 11 league games without a loss, you just want to keep playing.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re all in the same boat, but I’ve never been so obsessed with the weather.
“When I used to work on a building site, I’d put my hands together when it started snowing.
- 1 Mum-of-two's long-term home 'nightmare' amid housing crisis
- 2 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 3 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 4 Met officers used 'excessive force' during Romford fight
- 5 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 6 Heritage: Is it Romford or Rumford? You decide
- 7 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 8 Woman 'repulsed and sick' after finding bug in Lidl yoghurt
- 9 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
- 10 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
“We’ve still trained every session and the boys have had a bit of a grizzle about it, but it’s improving.
“We’re lucky that Jamie Southon is the manager at Abbs Cross Leisure, so we’ve got in there to do a bit of 5-a-side.
“We trained on the pitch on Saturday and it was a bit hard, but when there’s three inches of snow it’s easier to train than when it’s icy. At least there’s a bit of give in it.”