McFarlane expects Ryman Premier to be even tougher
Aaron Gayle added to the Urchins squad
Hornchurch boss Jimmy McFarlane believes the Ryman Premier League will be tougher to crack than ever this season.
The Urchins have fallen short of the play-offs for the last two seasons and with Lewes, Lowestoft and Carshalton all spending big, the Bridge Avenue chief knows it is going to be even tougher this time around.
“If you’d asked most managers whether they thought last season was going to be difficult, then they’ll say this season is going to be even tougher,” he said.
“Some clubs that were nowhere last season, like Carshalton, have spent big money this summer and you know Lowestoft will also have a big budget.
You may also want to watch:
“Lewes have come down from the Conference South and have also spent well, and East Thurrock will always be tough, so I think it is going to be even harder this season.”
McFarlane has added striker Aaron Gayle to his squad alongside fellow new boys Reiss Noel and Simon Glover.
- 1 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 2 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 3 Weekly Covid cases across east London revealed
- 4 Deep clean of Havering aims to get streets 'back to how they should be’
- 5 Mum opens Romford juice van to offer healthy snacks and drinks for kids
- 6 'Gentle giant' driven propped up on van's floor with serious head injury, inquest hears
- 7 'Cover up or terrible mistake?': Family told hostel death inquest will not take place
- 8 Gidea Park school to celebrate 100th birthday
- 9 Hornchurch pub licensing meeting postponed due to 'possibly prejudicial' email
- 10 Hornchurch man ‘lucky’ for rare disorder diagnosis, thanks to junior doctor
The Hornchurch boss is delighted. “Aaron has done well in pre-season and has shown me something different from what we had up front last year,” said McFarlane.