McFarlane expects Ryman Premier to be even tougher
Aaron Gayle added to the Urchins squad
Hornchurch boss Jimmy McFarlane believes the Ryman Premier League will be tougher to crack than ever this season.
The Urchins have fallen short of the play-offs for the last two seasons and with Lewes, Lowestoft and Carshalton all spending big, the Bridge Avenue chief knows it is going to be even tougher this time around.
“If you’d asked most managers whether they thought last season was going to be difficult, then they’ll say this season is going to be even tougher,” he said.
“Some clubs that were nowhere last season, like Carshalton, have spent big money this summer and you know Lowestoft will also have a big budget.
You may also want to watch:
“Lewes have come down from the Conference South and have also spent well, and East Thurrock will always be tough, so I think it is going to be even harder this season.”
McFarlane has added striker Aaron Gayle to his squad alongside fellow new boys Reiss Noel and Simon Glover.
- 1 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 2 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 3 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 4 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 5 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 6 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 7 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 8 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 9 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 10 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
The Hornchurch boss is delighted. “Aaron has done well in pre-season and has shown me something different from what we had up front last year,” said McFarlane.