McCartney keeping eye out for new talent
Aveley’s David McCartney is hoping to continue to unearth the latest set of talented Goalkeepers at an Open Evening he is staging.
McCartney, the Millers number one throughout the majority of their Ryman Premier campaign, is one of many keepers on the books of Pro1 Goalkeeping Academy, run by former non league keeper Dean Neil.
The academy has the best record in the UK and Europe for having produced the most goalkeepers to Academy Football and scholarship level. In the last year they have produced 19 academy/professional keepers including 1 playing in the Icelandic premier league.
“I am working with Dean to introduce boys and girls at a young age to take up goalkeeping, and through hard work and determination progress to a good standard,” he said.
“I’ve been coaching for 10 years and specifically goalkeeping for the last five. Dean and I are both level two goalkeeping coaches and hold the UEFA B licence.
You may also want to watch:
For anyone interested in taking part or for more information, you can visit http://www.pro-1goalkeepingacademy.com or contact David on 07501 466397.
- 1 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 2 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 3 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 4 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 5 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 6 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 7 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 8 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 9 'I've never felt so excited' - Theatre company saved from collapse
- 10 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people